Surgical procedures are often a necessary part of your pet’s general health care plan. We offer advanced surgical techniques and technology for dogs, cats, and more.
We perform all types of general and orthopedic surgery, including:
• External eye surgery
• Soft tissue/general surgery
• Orthopedic surgery (for example, ACL repair, fracture repair)
• Spay, Neuter, and C-Section
• Emergency surgery (laceration repair, wound repair, foreign object removal, and fracture repair)
• Dental surgery
Our surgical facility include:
• A fully-trained veterinary and technical nursing staff to ensure the safest, most efficient procedures for your pet
• ECG and oxygen saturation monitors
• Monitored sterilization equipment
• Pre-anesthetic blood testing, and surgical warmers to prevent hypothermia
All patients are carefully screened, and anesthetics are specifically tailored to your pet. We require pre-surgical blood work to evaluate your pet’s kidney, liver, and heart function prior to undergoing anesthesia.
We provide the same level of patient monitoring that one would receive if having surgery in a human hospital. We monitor all your pet’s vital signs with state of the art equipment.
Once the procedure is completed, a member of our nursing staff will comfort your pet until they are awake and aware. Your pet will wake up to warm blankets, and a caring smile. A member of our team will call you with a status report. When you pick up your pet, the doctor or nurse will review the procedure with you and send you home with easy to understand aftercare instructions. We will call you within a few days to check on your pet and answer any additional questions.
At Choice Veterinary Services, we believe in maximizing the comfort of your pet during and after his/her procedure. Proper pain management also improves your pet’s recovery and speeds the healing process. We administer pain medication before, during, and after the procedure as required by your pet.